Thursday, June 19, 2008

C.R.E.A.M.

If Cash Rules EVERYTHING Around Me how am I supposed to get anything accomplished being as broke as I am? And why am I so broke anyway? I have a roommate (my mom) who pays both halves of the rent, a car that's already paid for, and credit cards that aren't carrying a balance... Since I have a good job and I know my money isn't going into bills (T-mobile is expensive but not that bad), I checked my Bank of America records to see where all of my money is going. The answer: into my stomach.... 

I calculated what I spent on breakfast, lunch, and dinner eating out plus all those damn "I wanna watch the Laker game" and "just because it's Taco Tuesday" or "Marguerita Monday" happy hours last month, and it turns out I spent an average of $20 a day on food... $20!!!! That's $600 a month!!! on food!!!!! 

Needless to say, I dropped my Subway sandwich and headed to Trader Joe's and Ralph's to stock up on food for the upcoming week. The bill was $75 and I think it should last me an entire week. Now I'm forcing myself to do something that I've hated since the first day of Kindergarten. That's right I'm bringing my lunch to work. Plus, as my girl Carrie B. (Sex and the City) would say I'm going to "take those sweaters out of my stove" and start cooking.  

Yes folks, my situation is dire. Cooking for food? How barbaric... but I'll let you know what happens... 

Idea for next week: So I read an article in Money magazine called "Life Without Plastic" and it said that people with credit and even debit cards spend more money than people who deal only in cash because with cards you're dealing with a false sense of limitless funds. You don't see the money, so you spend it more freely. As an experiment, those of us that don't deal in cash usually (me) should take out a certain amount of money for the week... and stick to using only that and see how it works. Just a suggestion. 

Also, copy and paste the link to look at this smart beezy who gets unlimited free gas plus an extra $500 a month to drive around one of those stupid billboard cars. LUCKY!
http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/06/19/gas.incentives/index.html


No comments: