I have to admit, i haven't been doing the money fast experience. On the contrary, i've been spending more than i normally would!! Well here are my excuses and i'm not saying that they are good excuses, but it's made me want to put this experience on hold for a little longer. You see, I'm going on this adventurous and possibly strenuous 4 day hike at King's Canyon, and because I was excited about finally doing a backpack hike, i decided to go buy some of my own gear. Little did i realize that hiking gears are expensive!! Nevertheless, I bought into the sales lady's pitch. She was really nice and knowledgeable that i didn't have much of a problem throwing down 3 bills for a hiking backpack and some quality hiking shoes.
Another weekend, I was going through some issues and I happened to be shopping, and usually i'm a really good window shopper, but that weekend it was all about retail therapy! Boy did it feel good.
Now, my bank account may be suffering a little bit, but one thing I'm grateful for (at least) is that I am still putting money (directly deposited) into my saving's account with every paycheck. Still i think i can be better at MONEY FASTING. I don't want to do things illegally, i just want to be able to save money fast and make money fast!! but then again, i'm young and I want to have fun and the last thing i want to do is to hold back on some fun opportunities and activities!
I may not be money fasting right now, but i'm not quitting...I just need to find my way to do it. Everyone has a unique way of doing things and I guess i haven't quite found it yet. I'll let you know when i do :)
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment